photo PABOI2.jpg

Weekly Digest

 photo PAGEShome1.jpg  photo PAGESlinkparty1.jpg  photo PAGESfeatured1.jpg  photo PAGESsponsor1.jpg  photo PAGESguestposts1.jpg

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Peppermint Christmas Crack Recipe

Today was kind of crappy. And by "kind of" I mean a lot crappy. Just not my day. I'll spare you the details. Just know it was lame and everything was making me cry. Seriously, everything. I cried watching The Voice when a contestant sang with Celine Dion, because it was so emotional and beautiful. I cried watching Adam Levine say nice things about Ceelo. I cried reading Christmas baby books to Ava. I cried watching Ava play with a straw. So that should show you how everything {lame or not} was setting off the water works. 4:00 came around, and I was pretty tired of feeling sad and sorry for myself. So I decided to crank up the Christmas music, dance with my baby and make Christmas Crack. But not just any Christmas Crack -- peppermint Christmas Crack. Yep. I can say that crack got me out of my depressive state. And it all helped. Through my puffy eyes and sniffly nose, I made a scrumdiddlyumptious treat that my husband has been eating all night and saying, "Wow - it is SO good," with each bite. I now share it with you. So that on your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day -- you can crank up the music and make your own Christmas Crack to lift your mood and make your spirits bright.

**One of my friends sent me the recipe. She got it off of Averie Cooks, who calls it Chocolate Saltine Toffee. {though not a peppermint version!}**





Peppermint Christmas Crack
makes one 9x13 pan

The Goods
  • 32 saltines
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 bag chocolate chips
  • 1 bag Andes peppermint baking chips
  • Other flavors of chips you may like
The Fun Part
*preheat oven to 350*
  • Line your 9x13 pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Lay your saltines single-file on the bottom of the pan.
  • In a pot on the stove, melt your butter and brown sugar. When it starts to boil, turn the heat down and simmer for about 3-5 minutes. I watch it and stir it constantly, because I don't want it to burn!
  • After the few minutes, take it off the stove. Let it sit for about 30 seconds. Add vanilla and stir.
  • Pour over saltines in pan. Use a spatula to swoosh it around, so everything is covered.
  • Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes until it looks yummy and bubbly.
  • Take it out and let sit for a couple minutes.
  • Sprinkle your chocolate chips on top. Let them hang out there, melting away into chocolatey goodness for about 4 minutes. Take your spatula and smooth the melty chocolate chips until it's all covered.
  • Sprinkle your Andes peppermint chips on top {no swooshing around -- leave them!}. Use as much or as little as you'd like!
  • Refrigerate for about an hour {can put in freezer, but mine was perfect for cracking after an hour in the fridge!}
  • EAT
  • SHARE {if there is any left}

I also made a peanut butter version. Omit the peppermint chips. When you sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, only use half of the bag and add half a bag of peanut butter chips. Smooth it all over after it's melted. Also very yum!







Even looking at the photos is making me happier.

Wouldn't that pair nicely with a dirty diet coke?

*****************************************************



Before you go, feel free to enter the giveaways I am hosting!

Mod by Mel Giveaway







1 comment:

Thanks for the chat!

Blog Design By Brand Me Beautiful