photo PABOI2.jpg

Weekly Digest

 photo PAGEShome1.jpg  photo PAGESlinkparty1.jpg  photo PAGESfeatured1.jpg  photo PAGESsponsor1.jpg  photo PAGESguestposts1.jpg

Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

Making Shirts with my favorite accessory

Apple may say, "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone."

But I like to say, "If you don't have a Silhouette, you don't have a Silhouette!!"



This little baby is my BFF.  It cuts just about anything this little girl would need to cut. 

CONFESSION!

Part of the goal of this blog is to prove to the husband that I use my Silhouette SD enough to get THIS little thang:

*sigh* the Silhouette Cameo.  Every crafting girl's dream come true.  12" of glorious cutting and sketching wonder.  One day, my friend, you will be mine.

So what can this little baby do?

I'll tell you.

Right now.

Make really awesome shirts!

I just so happen to be a giant nerd and love all things Harry Potter and the Hunger Games.  So DUH of course when the movies premiere, I have to make a wicked awesome shirt to wear.  Thanks to Silhouette's heat transfer material, I've been able to come up with some that (if I may say so) are pretty sweet.





I made these before Silhouette added Harry Potter shapes to their online store.  Now, there are SO many awesome shapes to choose from.  Too bad all the movies are out!!!  I'm pretty determined to have a HP party of some sort soon, though.


Before the Hunger Games movie came out and it was all the rage, the husband and I dressed up as Katniss and Peeta for Halloween!  I used the heat transfer material (again!) to make the apron Conrad wore, to clue in anyone who couldn't guess our costumes otherwise.


Since I felt slightly concerned showing up to the Hunger Games movie premiere with a hungarian bow and 4-foot solid wood walking stick, I decided to make a shirt TWO shirts.
I used two different colors of heat transfer for the back.
I then used stencil vinyl to make a stencil for the mockingjay logo on the front, and white fabric paint to fill it in.
Seriously, it doesn't get much easier than this, and I loved the results!





Here are a couple sites you can download the mockingjay logo:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the chat!

Blog Design By Brand Me Beautiful